|專書論文 Articles in edited volume：
- 2012 “Rights to Recognition: Minorities and Indigenous Politics in Emerging Taiwan Nationalism” in Taiwan Since Martial Law: Society, Culture, Politics, Economy. Pp 91-129. Shung Ye Museum of Formosan Aborigines, University of California, Berkeley & National Taiwan University Press. ISBN：9789868805507
- 2010 “’Who is your name?’” Naming Paiwan Identities in Contemporary Taiwan “ in Personal Names in Asia: History, Culture and Identity, Pp199-223, edited by Zheng Yangwen and Charles MacDonald. Prefaced by James Scott, Singapore University Press. ISBN: 9789971693800
- 2006 ‘Rediscovering Bark cloth in Taiwan’ in ‘Bark cloth in Southeast Asia’ pp107-114，edited by Michael Howard. Bangkok: White Lotus. ISBN 9789744800961
|期刊論文 Journal Articles：
- Ku, Kun-hui and Tom Gibson 2019 “Introduction” in SPECIAL ISSUE: HIERARCHY AND EGALITARIANISM IN AUSTRONESIA. Edited by Kun-Hui Ku and Thomas Gibson. Anthropological Forum 29(3): 205-215. DOI: 10.1080/00664677.2019.1626216 (SSCI)
- 2019 “Rethinking Hierarchy and Egalitarianism in Austronesia Taiwan” in SPECIAL ISSUE: HIERARCHY AND EGALITARIANISM IN AUSTRONESIA. Edited by Kun-Hui Ku and Thomas Gibson. Anthropological Forum 29(3): 216-233. https://doi.org/10.1080/00664677.2019.1626217 (SSCI)
- 2016 (with Lindstrom) “Names Redux: Person, Structure, Change” Pacific Studies 39 (1-2): 1-10.
- 2016 Naming Relationship and Constructing Hierarchy: Names, Value, and Hierarchy among the Austronesian Paiwan, Taiwan, Pacific Studies 39 (1-2): 74-100.
- 2008 Ethnographic Studies of Voting among the Austronesian Paiwan: The Role of Paiwan Chiefs in Contemporary State System of Taiwan. Pacific Affairs 81(3):383-406. (SSCI)
- 2005 Rights to Recognition: Minority/Indigenous Politics in the Emerging Taiwanese Nationalism. Social Analysis 49(3)99-121. (ERIH)
|專題論文 Working Paper Series：
- 2006 ‘The Symbolic and the Material in the recognition of Hierarchy among the Austronesian Paiwan in Taiwan’. Tsing Hua Anthropological & Area Studies Paper Series No. 1.
|書稿 Book Manuscript：
- Religion、Morality and Politics among Austronesian-speaking Paiwan in Taiwan
- Ku, Kun-hui and Tom Gibson 2019 Hierarchy and Egalitarianism in Austronesia. Edited by Kun-Hui Ku and Thomas Gibson. Anthropological Forum 29(3):205-334.
- Ku, Kun-hui and Lamont Lindstrom 2016 Austronesian Personal Naming Systems, Pacific Studies 39 (1-2):1-253.
- 2004 Historical Anthropology workshop 歷史人類學工作坊 “羌在漢藏之間” 評論會討論紀錄，清華學報Tsing Hua Journal of Chinese Studies 34(2):551-572。
|中文相關文章、技術報告及其他 Chinese articles (book chapters, papers), Reports, Reviews and Others：
- 2023 主編 chief editor 南島中心電子報 CWAIP Newsletter No. 9.
- 2022 主編 chief editor 南島中心電子報 CWAIP Newsletter No. 7 & 8.
- 2021 主編 chief editor 南島中心電子報 CWAIP Newsletter No. 5 & 6.
- 2020 主編 chief editor 南島中心電子報 CWAIP Newsletter No. 3 & 4.
- 2019 主編 chief editor 南島中心電子報 CWAIP Newsletter No. 1 & 2.
- 顧坤惠 2019，「從排灣族的命名談起：田野關係的建立與政治」，田野的技藝：自我、研究與知識建構，pp.284-305 主編：郭佩宜、王宏仁, 左岸文化出版 遠足文化發行。(原刊於 2006 “從排灣族的命名談起：田野關係的建立與政治”，田野的技藝：自我、研究與知識建構，pp.221-243 主編：郭佩宜、王宏仁, 巨流出版社。)
- 2004 Review of the Development of ‘Historical Anthropology’ among the Austronesian Studies in Taiwan. In The Retrospect and Prospect of the Development of Historical Anthropology: Area Perspectives. Asia-Pacific Forum 26, “台灣的「歷史人類學」研究──南島研究”In歷史人類學回顧與展望的區域觀點，亞太研究論壇 26期:284-305.
- 2002 宗教過程：轉宗vs.本土化—一個排灣的案例。文化研究月刊 Religious Processes: Conversion vs. Indigenization—A case study of the Paiwan. Cultural Studies Monthly Vol.18.
- 2002 Report on “House Society in Contemporary Anthropological Discourse: About the Biography of an Anthropological Idea” in Anthropology News 43(2)Feb.
- 1989 “排灣族大社聚落之服飾研究” (Pp68-83)，”鄒族達邦社之服飾研究” (Pp.254-272) 於台灣土著祭儀與歌舞民俗活動之研究(續篇)，劉斌雄胡台麗主持，中研院民族所，委託單位:台灣省民政廳。
|翻譯 Translation (English to Chinese)：
- 2001 Wang, Song-hsing (王崧興) ‘Taiwanese Architecture and the Supernatural’ (台灣的建築物與超自然界) In ‘Research on Han People and its Neighbouring Societies’ (漢人與周邊社會研究─王崧興教授重要著作選譯), Pp152-164. 徐正光編，國立編譯館主譯。
|會議論文 Conference Papers：
- 2022 “Preserving the Past vs Engaging the Present and the futures: Changing Relationships between Indigenous Peoples and Museums in Taiwan.” AHRC network conference 6/2-3. Online.
- 2022 “The Indigenous Rights in Taiwan after the passing of the Indigenous Peoples Basic Law” in Indigenous Courts and Indigenous Rights in Taiwan and Globally. NTHU, April 29-30.
- 2016 “Hierarchy and Egalitarianism in Austronesia Taiwan” presented at “international conference on Hierarchy and Egalitarianism in Austronesia/ Oceania”, NTHU, 12/2-3.
- 2016 “Hierarchy and Egalitarianism in Austronesia Taiwan: a note” presented at “Hierarchy and Egalitarianism in Austronesia/ Oceania (II)” ASAO San Diego, CA, USA, 2/9-14.
- 2015 “The meaning of meaninglessness: What is in a name for the Paiwan?” at ‘Cults, Christians, and copper on the global frontier: Engaging the anthropology of Dan Jorgensen (Part 1)’, the 114th Annual Meeting of the American Anthropological Association, the Colorado Convention Center, Denver, 11/18-22.
- 2014 “Naming Difference and Constructing Hierarchy: Name, Value and Hierarchy among the Austronesia-speaking Paiwan” at Symposium “Naming Systems and Naming Relations in Austronesia/Oceania. ASAO, Kona, HI, USA, 2/5-9.
- 2013 “Name, Value and Hierarchy among the Austronesia-speaking Paiwan” at panel “Naming Systems and Naming Relations in Austronesia/Oceania. ASAO, St. Antonio, Taxes. 2/5-9..
- 2012 “Alternative Encounters: Missionary Linkages between Taiwan and Borneo” presentation given at “Contemporary Borneo Research in Taiwan” 10/6-7, Taiwan Society for Anthropology and Ethnology, Taipei.
- 2012 “The legal status of Pingpu in Taiwan and Sino-Native in Sabah: Comparison and Implications,” paper given at 27th ASEASUK, U of Durham, Durham, UK, 9/7-9.
- 2011 “Property Relations: Anthropological Approaches”, The second annual conference on Indigenous traditional customary norm and State Law, NTU Law school, 10/15-16.
- 2011 “The Politics of (Non)Recognition in Taiwan: Why Certain Claims to Indigeneity Succeed While Others Fail.” in Panel “Indigenous Citizenship in Asia”, AAS/ICAS, Honolulu, HI, 1 April.
- 2011 “Ascribed” and “Achieved” Status in Austronesian Taiwan. ASAO, Honolulu, HI, 9-12 Feb.
- 2010 “The Development of Indigenous Citizenship in Taiwan and Philippines” in panel “Ethnographic Studies of the Politics of Indigenous Rights” sponsored by Association for Political and Legal Anthropology, American Anthropological Association annual meeting in New Orleans, USA, 11/17-21.
- 2010 “Anthropology of Christianity: A Case Study of the Austronesian Paiwan of Taiwan”, Asia Without Borders III conference, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea, 10/8-10.
- 2008 “Continuity or Discontinuity: Religious Processes embedded in Christian conversion movements among Austroneisan Paiwan in Taiwan” for MIG invited panel “The Cultures of Christian Conversion”, American Anthropological Association annual meeting in San Francisco, USA, 11/19-23.
- 2008 “Tradition revisited”: Politics of Cultural Revival in Austronesian Taiwan” paper presented at Austronesian International Workshop, NTHU, 10 May.
- 2008 “The use and abuse of Dumont’s Hierarchy in Austronesian Taiwan” in panel “Dumont in the Pacific” ASAO, Canberra, Australia. 12-16 Feb.
- 2007 “The Prospect of Legal Anthropology in the Study of Austronesian Taiwan” in Law Culture and Society Workshop, NTHU, Hsin-chu, 27May.
- 2007 “Christianities and the Quest for Identities in post WWII Taiwan” in “Christianity and the State in Asia: Complicity and Conflict.” An International Conference organized by Asia Research Institute. NUS, Singapore, 10-12 January.
- 2006 “Ethnographic Studies of Voting among the Austronesian Paiwan in Taiwan.” In “Asia Without Border: A Conference on History and Anthropology”, SYSU, Guangzhou, China, 12-14 Nov.
- 2006 “Cultural Revival and the Politics of Tradition in an Austronesian Paiwan community” paper for 3rd EATS, Paris, France, 30-31 March.
- 2006 “Austronesian Paiwan Naming Practices in Taiwan” paper presented at the Conference on “Naming in Asia: Local Identities and Global Change.” ARI, NUS, Singapore，23-24 Feb.
- 2005 “Chiefs and Bureaucrats: Paiwan Leadership in Contemporary State System in Taiwan”invited paper to be presented at International conference on State and Indigenous Peoples：Research on Ethnic History in Asia-Pacific Region.Institute of Taiwan History, Academia Sinica, Taiwan,. 11/24-25.
- 2005 “Presbyterian Elders and Catholic Chief: Paiwan Experiences with Christianity in the Twentieth Century. Paper for the conference “Power and Hierarchy: Religious Conversions, Ritual Constructions, and Cosmological Belief Systems in Asia and the Indo-Pacific”at IOE, Academia Sinica, Taiwan, 5/30-6/1.
- 2005 “Models of Pacific Culture Area Revisited: The Implications for the Austronesians in Taiwan.” In panel “Pacific Culture Areas: Reconstrued, Rehabilitated, and Reclaimed” ASAO, Kauai, Hawaii, 1-5 Feb.
- 2004 “Mirimiringan and Taucikel revisited: Historical Genres and Political Struggle among Austronesian-speaking Paiwan in southern Taiwan” at 18th International Association of Historians of Asia (IAHA) Taiwan Conference, “Paradigm Shift in Asia: East, Southeast, and South Asia in Comparative Perspective”, panel “Rethinking Historical Anthropology: Examples from Taiwan, SE Asia and Oceania”. Taipei, Taiwan 6-10 Dec.
- 2004 “Hierarchy and the Production of Value among the Austronesian Paiwan” in “Hierarchy and Power” Conference, Institute of Ethnology, Academia Sinica, Taiwan, 10/5.
- 2003 “Converting Culture vs. Indigenizing Christianity: Divergent Perspectives on the Paiwan Encounter with Christianity” paper prepared for ‘New and Old Religious Forms’ SAR meeting at Providence, Rhode Island, USA, 24-26 April.
- 2003 ‘Naming Relationships and Constructing Hierarchy among the Austronesian-speaking Paiwan in Taiwan’ prepared for the informal session ‘Conceptions of Social Relations’ ASAO Annual Meeting in Vancouver, Canada, 11-15 Feb.
- 2002 ‘The symbolic and the material in the recognition of Hierarchy among the Paiwan in Piuma, Taiwan’ paper presented at “Trade, Value and Valuables in the Indo-Pacific Realm” session at the Indo-Pacific Prehistory Association (IPPA) 17th congress, held at Institute of History and Philology, Academia Sinica, Taiwan, 14 Sep.
- 2002 “Names, Objects and Hierarchy: a case studies of Piuma among the Paiwan” presented at conference on“Substance and Material Culture”, organized by IOE, Academia Sinica, Taiwan.
- 2000 ‘Christianity from the Prism of the Paiwan’ paper presented at the fifth Annual Conference on the History and Culture of Taiwan, at the University of California, Los Angeles, USA, 13-15 Oct., Center for Chinese Studies. ‘Remapping Taiwan: Histories and Cultures in the context of Globalization.
- 2000 ‘Mission in Transition: Presbyterian Missions in Taiwan (Formosa) and Nationalism’ paper presented at the conference organized by the Currents of World Christianity. ‘Mission, Nationalism and the End of Empire’ held at Queens’ College, Cambridge, UK, 6-9 Sep.
- 2000 ‘The Aboriginal Rights Movement and National Identity in Taiwan’ paper presented at the Sixth Annual Conference of the North America Taiwan Studies Association at Harvard University, USA, 17-19 June. ‘Taiwan 2000: Envisioning a Pluralistic Future’.
- 1995 ‘In But Still Out: Gender and Representation in Canadian Presbyterian Mission in Taiwan, 1945-1965’ paper presented at the Graduate Student Symposium at Gender Relation and Women’s Studies at UBC, April 1995.
- 1994 ‘Canadian Presbyterian Missionary Encounters in Taiwan, 1945-1965’ paper presented at CASCA (Canadian Anthropological Society) meeting ‘Religion on the Mission Frontier: Anthropological Perspectives on Christian Evangelism’ in Vancouver, Canada, May 1994.
演講發表 (selected) Invited Presentations
- 2022 Review and Prospect for the development of the interdisciplinary program on World Austronesia and Indigenous Peoples. NCTU 4/13.
- 2021 “Preserving the Past vs Engaging the Present: Changing Relationships between Indigenous Peoples and Museums in Taiwan.” AHRC network conference 9/8-9. Online.
- 2021 The Development and Prospect of CWAIP. at Department of Indigenous Peoples in Language and Culture, National Kaohsiung Normal University, 8/25.
- 2021 Experiences Sharing on the institution Building for CWAIP, National Cheng-Chi University, 4/30.
- 2019 Name, Hierarchy and Egalitarianism in Austronesian World. National Sun-Yat Sen University.11/31.
- Ku, Kun-hui 2018, Mobile Indigeneity: The First Taiwanese Indigenous Christian “Burning Bush” Mission to Sarawak, Knox College, Toronto, December 11.
- Ku, Kun-hui 2018, Hierarchy and Egalitarianism in Austronesia Taiwan: A case study of the Paiwan. David Lam Center, Taiwan Study Group, SFU, November 20.
- Ku, Kun-hui 2018, Anthropological Tradition in Taiwan, Graduate Seminar, Anthropology, UBC, September 19.
- 2018 “Taiwan’s Gift to the World” Fulbright Research Workshop, Fulbright Taiwan (Foundation for Scholarly Exchange). 3/13
- 2017 “Cultural Diversity of Taiwan (Formosa)” Fulbright Research Workshop, Fulbright Taiwan (Foundation for Scholarly Exchange). 3/7
- 2015 Cultural Differences among Taiwan Indigenous peoples and Han Taiwanese, Judge Academy 11/11 (2014/10/28)
- 2014 ‘Cultural Diversity of Taiwan (Formosa), University of Third Age, Cambridge. 6/30
- 2014 “Indigenous Citizenship in Asia” invited talk at Faculty of Archaeology, the Asian Heritage Cluster of the International Institute for Asian Studies and the profile area ‘Global Interactions’, Leiden University. Netherlands, 6/18.
- 2014 “Indigenous Christianity among the Austronesian-speaking Paiwan in Taiwan” invited talk at Dept. of Anthropology and Development Studies, Centre for Pacific and Asian Studies, Radboud University, Nijmegen. Netherlands, 6/16.
- 2014 “Indigenous Politics in Taiwan Nationalism” invited talk at International colloquium “Heritage and Rights of Indigenous Peoples” at Faculty of Archaeology, Leiden University. Netherlands, 6/12-14.
- 2014 “Names, Value and Hierarchy among the Austronesian-speaking Paiwan in Southern Taiwan” invited talk at ARS, Department of Anthropology, LSE, UK. 5/6.
- 2014 “Preliminary Investigation on Indigenous Citizenship in Asia”, invited talk at The Scottish Centre for China Research, University of Glasgow, UK. 3/13.
- 2014 “Mirimiringan” and “Taucikel”: Historical Genres and Political Struggles among the Austronesian-speaking Paiwan in Southern Taiwan, invited talk at Center of Taiwan Studies, SOAS, UK. 3/5.
- 2013 “Burning Bush: An untold Linkage between Taiwan and Sarawak. Talk at UNIMAS, Malaysia. 12/03.
- 2012 “Contemporary Borneo Research in Taiwan and its Prospects” talk given at National Tunghua University
- 2011 “A Comparative Study of Indigenous Citizenship in Taiwan and the Philippines” invited talk at East Asia Institute, University of Leipzig, Germany. 6/29.
- 2010 “Anthropology of Law” Anthrop Camp, IOE, Guansi, Mawudu. 9/8.
- 2009 “The Theories of Conversion Revisited: A Study of Christian conversion movements among Austroneisan-speaking Paiwan of Taiwan” Department of Anthropology, UBC, 2/26.
- 2007 “The Politics of Indigenous Citizenship in Taiwan” paper delivered at The Third World Studies Center, U. of Philippines, Manila, Philippines,17 Aug.
- 2001 “Rights of indigenous peoples in Taiwan” , roundtable on Indigenous Rights, at Rights and Entitlements ASA annual meeting, University of Sussex, UK, 3/30- 4/2.
- 2001 “The meanings of Snake in Paiwan Mythology”. Needham Research Institute Text Reading Seminar. UK. April.
- 2001 Changing Perceptions of Christianity among the Paiwan Christians in Piuma. London Taiwan Seminar, 02/01.